Korean BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- ½ cup beer or apple juice
- 1 (2½ pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 4 sections, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup julienned or shredded carrots
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 (or 8 for Dinner Mixer recipe) whole wheat hamburger buns
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, whisk together first 2 ingredients; add seasoned pork. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 4-6 hours or until meat easily shreds.
- In medium bowl, combine next 6 ingredients, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve (up to 10 hours).
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Shred and place back in cooker, tossing to coat with sauce. Divide among buns and top with cucumber slaw.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Rustic Veggie Pasta Salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
For remix Korean Pork Wrapsrecipe: Place 2 servings leftover pork and ¼ cup cooking juices in a storage container. Place 2 servings leftover cucumber slaw in a storage container. Refrigerate both containers up to 2 days. Place remaining ⅓ packet (1½ teaspoons) Garlic Garlic Seasoning in a storage bag.