Mini Black Forest Cakes Recipe
Delicious and dark sweet cherries unite in these cute mini black forest cakes.
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark sweet or tart cherries in heavy syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix according to package directions using water and butter. Cool completely.
- In large mixing bowl, combine thawed whipped topping, softened cream cheese and sugar. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until well combined, light and fluffy. Transfer to a gallon freezer bag. Trim corner to create a piping bag.
- Cut 15 cherries in half. Remove a thin piece from each end of the cake, then cut into 10 slices. Generously brush cake slices with syrup from cherries. Cut 2 rounds out of each slice using a 2-inch biscuit cutter or narrow cup.
Makes 10 servings.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate in separate airtight containers. Continue with step 4.