Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese block, cut into 20-24 chunks
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form about 2 tablespoons turkey mixture around each cheese cube, created 20-24 meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place meatballs on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer (some cheese may ooze out onto baking sheet).
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine crushed tomatoes and Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with a green salad.
Make ahead & freeze: Prepare step 1 and 3. Place meatballs between layers of wax paper in a gallon freezer bag. Toss cooked spaghetti with 1 tablespoon oil and place in quart freezer bag. Place sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place spaghetti and sauce bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal all bags well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2, adding spaghetti to sauce to reheat.