Mushroom & Beef Soup Recipe
This quick and easy beef soup recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day.
- 1 pound cubed beef for stew
- 4 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add beef broth and Savory Wild Mushroom Slow-Cooker Sauce. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue simmering 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beef is desired tenderness.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with a green salad.
Make ahead & freeze: Combine step 1 in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Future Mrs Snyder from This was so delicious & easy to make! I used fresh potatoes, carrots & mushrooms. Cooked it on the stovetop in a Dutch oven. May have taken a bit longer, but well worth it! This soup was delicious & will be making it again! My fiancée says I’m a good cook... after working all day, Tastefully Simple sure makes it easier to put together a homemade dinner!
Date published: 2018-02-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by SusanM from Fantastic! This soup was so easy to prepare. Add a loaf of Bountiful Beer Bread and you have a delicious dinner in no time. We loved it!
Date published: 2018-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by SimplySam89 from This was delicious! Super easy and delicious! It was so good the whole pot as gone before I remembered to take a photo of my bowl! I used fresh potatoes instead of canned. Just let the soup cook a big longer, until the potatoes were tender. Will definitely make this one again.
Date published: 2017-02-08