Pepper Jam Eyeballs Recipe
Guests won’t be able to take their eyes off these ghoulishly scrumptious mini meatballs!
- 2 pounds ground meatloaf mixture (beef, pork)
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 15-20 stuffed queen green olives, cut in half crosswise
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- Slow Cooker
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into about 36 (1-inch) meatballs.
- Firmly press one olive half, cut-side up, into each meatball, creating an eye. Form meat around olive to hold in place securely. Place meatballs on large greased baking sheet, olive-side-up. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a greased 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine chili sauce and Bacon Pepper Jam. Add cooked meatballs. Gently toss to coat. Cook on LOW 1-3 hours.
- Reduce heat to WARM to serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 2, cool and refrigerate in a storage container up to 1 day ahead. Add 30 minutes to slow cook time.
Rated 5 out of 5 by nicoleslack from Yummy Meatball Sauce I had the sauce over meatballs from Costco and they were so yummy. I'm going to make these for an open house!
Date published: 2016-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by FoodieAngie from SO GOOD! Love. Going to make them without olives after Halloween
Date published: 2016-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lovemyoniononion from Easy and delicious!! My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and I'm always looking for recipes that he would like and he loved this one!!
Date published: 2016-10-01