Pesto Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 3 tablespoons water
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ pouns (26-30 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces (8 ounces for Dinner Mixer recipe) cooked whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
- Chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In microwave-safe dish, combine Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix, water and 3 tablespoons oil. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Let cool 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add prepared pesto; toss to coat. If making the Dinner Mixer recipe remove 2 servings of shrimp for remix recipe. Add cooked linguine. Garnish with tomatoes, onions and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Pesto Green Beans.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; place in a quart freezer bag. Place shrimp and Garlic Garlic Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place cooked pasta and 1 tablespoon oil in a gallon freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2, reheating pasta in boiling water for 1 minute.
For remix Pesto Shrimp Po'boys recipe: Place 2 servings cooked pesto shrimp (no pasta) in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.