Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes Recipe
All the delicious flavors of Philly cheese steak in a loose meat sandwich.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell peppers, optional
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 8-12 onion hamburger buns, toasted
- French fried onions, toasted, optional
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, combine first 4 ingredients. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Stir in broth, Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix and cheeses. Simmer until melted and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in buns. Sprinkle with toasted French fried onions, if desired.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place bag and unopened packet Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.