Pork & Apple Burgers Recipe
Apples and pork is a classic flavor combination - give these Pork & Apple Burgers a try.
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and grated
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill or large skillet to medium heat. Place patties on grill or in skillet; cook, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant read food thermometer (about 10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until lightly golden (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.
- Place burgers on toasted buns and top with sautéed onions and drizzle with Vidalia® Onion Dressing.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a cucumber & tomato salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare burgers through step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Notachef77 from So easy to prepare and so good! I had these mixed and cooked in less than 30 minutes! Loved the flavor and that I have leftovers!
Date published: 2017-09-24