Sausage & Egg Boats Recipe
Sleep in AND serve a hot, hearty breakfast with these fun and easy breakfast boats – ready in just half an hour.
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread (not baguette)
- 9 large eggs
- 8 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut bread in half. Horizontally slice off the top ¼-inch of each half. Pull out the bread from the center of each half leaving about ½-inch bread all the way around, creating 2 bread boats. Place on a large aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, Spinach & Herb Seasoning and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add egg mixture to skillet; stir, slowly and continuously with a rubber spatula until just set, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and ½ cup cheese.
- Transfer egg mixture to bread boats. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Using a serrated knife, cut each half into 3 boats.
Wine Pairing: Champagne or Prosecco.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 2; place in a gallon freezer bag. Place sausage in a quart freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving: