Sausage Macaroni Skillet Recipe
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked sausage ring, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 cups 2% milk, warmed
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté sausage and peppers until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove cover. Continue simmering 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is desired consistency. Salt and pepper as desired.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Rustic Wedge Salad.
For leftovers remix Sausage & Potato Soup recipe: Place 2 cups of macaroni skillet in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Make ahead & freeze: Place sausage & peppers in a quart freezer bag. Place macaroni in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags and unopened Cheddar Broccoli Soup Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.