Savory Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
Cooking for guests? The family? These pulled pork sandwiches will be a hit. And your slow cooker does all the work!
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced, optional
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, optional
- 6-8 hoagie buns, toasted
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine roast, onions, peppers, if desired, and Savory Wild Mushroom Slow-Cooker Sauce.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 6-8 hours. Remove roast from cooker; shred pork. Place back in cooker and toss with sauce.
- Place shredded pork, peppers and onions in toasted buns. Top with cheese. Serve with additional sauce for dipping, if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Place in slow cooker and continue with step 2.