Shallot Tarragon Mushroom Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 6 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, cleaned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1½ pounds 80% ground turkey or ground beef
- Olive oil spray
- Arugula leaves or lettuce, sliced tomatoes
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Add mushrooms and onion slices. Seal well; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. In large bowl, combine turkey and Rustic Herb Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Lightly spray patties with olive oil spray and place on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove mushrooms and onions from marinade. Place on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until softened and lightly browned or desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes. Chop onions.
- Place mushrooms on dinner plates. Top with arugula or lettuce, tomatoes, burgers and chopped onions.
Makes 6 servings. Or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Grilled Herb Potato Wedges.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1, except mushrooms and onions. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Add mushrooms and onions to marinade. Continue with step 2.
For remix Mushroom Turkey Wrap recipe: Place 2 leftover burgers, 2 leftover mushrooms and 2 servings leftover onions in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.