Slow Cooker Burrito Bowls Recipe
Skip the long line (and the extra charge for guac) with easy burrito bowls.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, sliced or cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup no sodium or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 poblano chile pepper, chopped, optional
- Toppings such as chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, chopped avocado or guacamole, sour cream
- Slow Cooker
- In 3½-quart or larger slow cooker, toss chicken and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning together. Add next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve over rice and top with desired toppings.
For remix Chicken Taco Salad recipe: Place 2 servings leftover chicken mixture in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days. Place remaining ½ packet (1 tablespoon) Mom’s Favorite Taco Seasoning in a resealable bag.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings or rice)
Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g