Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches Recipe
Set it and forget it! These hearty sandwiches will become a family fave!
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1½ pounds beef chuck steak, sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hoagie buns, toasted
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 3 ingredients and half the Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix. Add sliced beef, peppers and onions; toss to coat. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours. Strain off liquid.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds. Whisk in milk and remaining Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix; continue microwaving 30 seconds. Whisk in Monterey Jack cheese; continue microwaving 45-60 seconds or until melted and a creamy sauce is formed.
- Serve strained beef, onions and peppers in toasted hoagie buns drizzled with cheese sauce.
Serve with assorted fresh veggie sticks.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place remaining Philly Cheese Steak Warm Dip Mix in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.