Smoky Bacon BBQ Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ pound raw bacon slices, chopped (about 4 slices)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Lettuce Leaves, tomato slices, red onion slices, optional
- 4 Kaiser rolls, toasted
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, chopped raw bacon and 3 tablespoons Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 4 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes. Brush with remaining 3 tablespoons Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce the last 3-4 minutes. Top with cheese.
- Place lettuce, tomato and onions on toasted buns, if desired. Top with burgers.
Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining 3 tablespoons Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.