Smoky Bacon & Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 12 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- ½ pound bacon slices, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 1½ - 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; set aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet.
- Add chicken and Garlic Garlic Seasoning to skillet with remaining bacon drippings; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, warmed milk and Smoky BBQ Cheese Ball Mix. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and bacon until melted and smooth. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Steamed Broccoli with Garlic Butter.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; toss with 1 tablespoon oil and place in a gallon freezer bag. Place chicken and Garlic Garlic Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags and unopened Smoky BBQ Cheese Ball Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Smoky Chicken Pasta Salad recipe: Place 2 leftover servings in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.