Southwest Baked Potatoes Recipe
Simply Salsa adds a little zip to your average baked potato.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pierce potatoes with fork in several places. Rub potatoes with oil; salt and pepper as desired. Place directly on oven rack or a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 55-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine tomatoes and Simply Salsa Mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut a slit in the top of potatoes. Squeeze ends together to open; top with butter, salsa, green onions and sour cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Potatoes can be placed on a microwave-safe plate and microwaved on HIGH for 7-10 minutes or until fork tender.