Southwestern Pasta Salad Recipe
At home or at a potluck, this pasta salad will impress your friends and family.
- 8 ounces gemelli pasta or other short cut pasta (penne, rotini)
- ⅔ cup thick and chunky salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups frozen fire-roasted corn, thawed
- 1 (10.5 ounce) container grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions until al dente; rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine salsa, sour cream and Magic Chicken™ Taco Seasoning Blend. Stir in pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve (pasta will absorb dressing as it sits).
Makes 8 servings.Did You Know: Gemelli pasta is created by twisting two short pasta strands together into a tight spiral shape. This pasta is excellent for salads as it does not get soggy by absorbing too much of the dressing. If you can't find gemelli, penne or rotini are an acceptable substitution.
Nutrition per Serving: