Star-Spangled Pie Recipe
Share your pride for the red, white and blue with this berry-filled dessert – perfect for Memorial Day or July 4th.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 3 cups berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and/or blackberries)
- ½ cup strawberry or raspberry canned pie filling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crusts from the package; let rest at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Unroll first crust; place in an 8- or 9-inch pie plate, crimping the edges. Prick the crust several times with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Unroll second crust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut out shapes with 1- and 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutters; place stars on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with water; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown; cool and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 packet Berry Lime Fruit Dip Mix with cream cheese; spread over cooled crust.
- In a medium bowl, toss berries with strawberry or raspberry pie filling. Spoon onto pie. Decorate with reserved stars.
Makes 8 servings.
Rated 5 out of 5 by tastefullylauren1 from Yummy and Fun! Yay! It's so fun to mix up a couple of easy ingredients, put them together, and share with friends! The pie looked amazing, and it was such a low-stress recipe. This was SO yummy, not a berry left!
Date published: 2017-09-05