Tacos on the Go Recipe
Busy night? There’s no need to hit the drive-through when your favorite dinner is already ready.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 (9¾ ounce) package nacho cheese tortilla chips
- 6 (2-3 cup) reusable storage containers
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, sour cream, salsa
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Stir in water and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Stir and simmer 5 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Break up tortilla chips and divide among storage containers. Top with taco meat, cheese and desired toppings.
- Cover and dinner's ready to go!
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Allow to cool. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Reheat in microwave if desired and continue with step 3.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings)
Calories: 590 Total Fat: 40g Sat. Fat: 13g Cholest: 100mg Sodium: 1,230mg Carbs: 30g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 30g