Tex-Mex Chicken & Tortellini Recipe
Delicious cheese tortellini, salsa, chicken and spinach slow-cooked to perfection.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (19-20 ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini pasta, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup whole milk or half & half
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slow Cooker
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine seasoned chicken and Corn, Black Bean Salsa. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Break up chicken. Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue cooking on HIGH 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve garnished with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serve with Sautéed Broccolini.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze with pasta. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DebO65 from Loved it! We had leftover shredded chicken and used this recipe on the stovetop. Cooked the tortelli and threw everything in after draining. So easy and would definitely make again. Family loved it!
Date published: 2018-06-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Your Meal Solutionista from One of my new fave crock pot meals This was sooo easy to make! Even my husband who doesn’t like crockpot meals loved it and asked for more to bring to work the next day. Good thing it makes a lot!
Date published: 2018-01-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nana Jana from So Easy Tortellini!! I made this as a double recipe over the holidays and it was simply amazing! I served 8 for dinner and had leftovers for 4 more servings. Everyone loved it! One of the easiest crock pot recipes out there - a must try for pasta lovers! I used half and half instead of whole milk to make it extra rich and creamy. The Broccoli side was fabulous, also! Bacon with broccoli is a hit! Can’t wait to have this meal again!
Date published: 2018-01-10