Tex-Mex Chicken & Tortellini Recipe
Delicious cheese tortellini, salsa, chicken and spinach slow-cooked to perfection.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (19-20 ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini pasta, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup whole milk or half & half
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Slow Cooker
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine seasoned chicken and Corn, Black Bean Salsa. Cook on LOW 4-5 hours.
- Break up chicken. Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue cooking on HIGH 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve garnished with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serve with Sautéed Broccolini.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze with pasta. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.