Tropical Tequila Burgers Recipe
Top your burgers with cheese – and tequila, and pineapple and pico for a whole new sensation.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- ½ cup refrigerated fresh pico de gallo
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 onion hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine first 2 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine avocado, pineapple, pico de gallo and 1 tablespoon Tropical Tequila Sauce; salt and pepper as desired. Roughly mash to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes. Brush with remaining ¼ cup Tropical Tequila Sauce the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Top with cheese.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes and burgers on buns. Top with pineapple guacamole.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio.
Note: Pico de gallo is a combination of diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapeño pepper and can be found in the produce department.
Nutrition per Serving: