Tropical Tequila Burgers Recipe
Top your burgers with cheese – and tequila, and pineapple and pico for a whole new sensation.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- ½ cup refrigerated fresh pico de gallo
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 onion hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine first 2 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine avocado, pineapple, pico de gallo and 1 tablespoon Tropical Tequila Sauce; salt and pepper as desired. Roughly mash to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes. Brush with remaining ¼ cup Tropical Tequila Sauce the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Top with cheese.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes and burgers on buns. Top with pineapple guacamole.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio.
Note: Pico de gallo is a combination of diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapeño pepper and can be found in the produce department.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSPeach from Best tasting burger Loved this burger and it was a hit with my family and friends. Everyone said they loved how the sauce gave the burger a sweet and tangy taste. I personally don't like avocado at all but loved it mixed with Pico De Gallo to make the pineapple guacamole. Had to make these again for dinner the next day.
Date published: 2018-03-17