Tropical Tequila Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Add a taste of the tropics to your back yard bash with these grilled shrimp-and-veggie skewers.
- 24-30 chunks fresh pineapple
- 24-30 cubes red bell pepper (about 1½ peppers)
- 1½ pounds (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24-30 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Thread 1 pineapple, 1 red pepper and 1 shrimp on each skewer.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally and brushing with Tropical Tequila Sauce, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
Make Ahead: Skewers can be assembled several hours ahead and refrigerated.
Tip: For a fun twist, after grilling carefully remove shrimp and re-skewer through side, allowing the kabobs to easily stand.