Vidalia Chicken & Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ pound raw bacon, chopped (about 4-5 slices)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine chicken, chopped raw bacon, cheese, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Vidalia® Onion Dressing, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add patties; partially cover skillet. Pan-fry, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons Vidalia® Onion Dressing.
- Top toasted buns with lettuce, tomatoes, burgers and mayonnaise mixture.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Sweet Potato Fries with Bacon Pepper Aioli.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining Vidalia® Onion Dressing in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.