Watermelon Cookie Pizza Recipe
- 1 (16.5 ounce) tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3-4 kiwi fruit, peeled, cut in half, sliced
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, white core removed, chopped
- ½ cup strawberry jam, warmed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a small 12-inch round (pizza) baking sheet, press cookie dough out to edges to create a crust. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and Mango Lime Sauce. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until light and fluffy. Spread on cooled crust.
- Place half slices of kiwi around the edge of the crust creating the watermelon rind. Fill in the center with chopped strawberries. Brush strawberries with warmed jam to create a glaze. Sprinkle with chocolate chips to create the seeds.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 1 up to 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Continue with step 2 just before serving.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuTex from Yummy Fruit and Dessert Pizza! Super easy and very delicious! I took it to a work potluck and everyone loved it!! Two asked for the recipe and one bought the Mango Lime Sauce so she can make the pizza herself! Brought the few leftovers home and my, dad, husband and stepson really enjoyed it!! I will definitely make this again!!
Date published: 2017-08-11