Apple Monster Mouths Recipe
Combining apples, sunflower seeds, berries and peanut butter, these monsters are so adorable!
- ¼ plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, divided
- ½ cup marshmallow crème
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges each
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup roasted and salted hulled sunflower seeds
- 6-7 fresh strawberries
- 48 mini marshmallows
- 48 chocolate chips
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine ¼ cup peanut butter and Creamy Caramel Sauce. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Stir in marshmallow crème until well combined. Refrigerate until firm, but spreadable.
- Dip apple slices in lemon juice. Pat apples dry with clean paper towels. Press sunflower seeds into curved edge of half the apple slices in the flesh, not the skin, to create teeth.
- Spread marshmallow mixture on the other half of apple slices. Place strawberry slices on top to create a tongue. Top with remaining apples with sunflower seeds facing down.
- Flatten marshmallows into disks. Spread a dab of remaining peanut butter on the back of chocolate chips and place on marshmallows. Place a small amount of peanut butter on the back of marshmallows and press on the skin of top apple to create eyes.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Place in a storage container; refrigerate. Continue with step 3.