Bayou Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 18-24 green lettuce leaves
- Chopped green onions, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots and Onion Onion Seasoning. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook and crumble until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in Bayou Bourbon Glaze and cornstarch. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken in lettuce leaves topped with green onions, peanuts and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Simple Bayou Noodles.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine chicken, mushrooms, carrots and Onion Onion Seasoning in a gallon freezer bag. Place Bayou Bourbon Glaze in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
For remix Bayou Chicken Pasta Salad recipe: Place 2 servings leftover chicken filling in a storage container. Place 2 servings leftover chopped cucumbers and chopped peanuts in separate storage containers. Refrigerate up to 2 days.