Buffalo Bacon Blue Burgers Recipe
A great twist on a buffalo chicken sandwich…this saucy burger will impress.
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (2.8 ounce) container French fried onions, divided
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (about 4 slices)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, optional
- 6 brioche hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce and tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine beef, half the fried onions, ¼ cup blue cheese and 2 tablespoons Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce; salt and pepper as desired. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grilling, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes. Brush with ¼ cup Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, bacon, remaining ¼ cup blue cheese, remaining 1 tablespoon Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce and chives, if desired; salt and pepper as desired.
- Place lettuce, tomatoes and burgers on buns. Dollop with bacon blue mayonnaise and top with remaining French fried onions (toasted, if desired).
Note: Ground turkey or chicken can be substituted for beef, if desired.