Citrus Herb Caprese Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground mild italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella ball, cut into 6 slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
- Fresh basil leaves, optinal
- In large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and Italian sausage to bowl; mix to combine. Form into 6 patties.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top burgers with a slice of mozzarella; grill until cheese is melted. Top with a tomato slice. Salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve burger on top of spinach leaves with Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar of Modena or your favorite salad dressing.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Place patties in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3.