Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bar Mix Directions Recipe
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bar Mix preparation directions and more ways to mix it up.
- 1 cup butter (½ cup softened, ½ cup melted)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese*, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease foil.
- In medium bowl combine Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bar Mix packet 1 and ½ cup softened butter. Mix until crumbly. Reserve ⅓ cup dough; refrigerate. Evenly press remaining dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Reduce heat to 325°F.
- In large bowl, whisk softened cream cheese until smooth. Add Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bar Mix packet 2 and ½ cup melted butter. Stir until well combined. Spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved dough. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake is set 3 inches from edge but still wobbly in center when pan is gently shaken.
- Cool at room temperature 30 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled. Store in refrigerator, covered.
Makes about 16 servings.
*Lighten it up: Use light cream cheese instead. Fat-free will not set up properly.
More Ways to Mix It Up!
- Drizzle bars with Creamy Caramel Sauce and/or chocolate sauce.
- Top bars with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Stir one or a combination of white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, toffee chips, chopped nuts or mini marshmallows into batter.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Sharbear from Not a fan! I love love dark chocolate and cheesecake this was a huge disappointment!
Date published: 2018-09-18
Rated 3 out of 5 by 1ChocolateLover from Is it fudge, a brownie, or cheesecake? I'm have to start by saying I'm not the biggest fan of Dark chocolate anything but I still wanted to review this item. At first glance of the recipe I thought it was too many steps compared to the easy of other Tastefully Simple desserts, but I promised I take it to a friend's birthday so I made it and realized the process was really easy and the flavor ended up being tasty. I do feel like I'd like to make a different bottom crust to see how the recipe can be made even better. My friends who love cheesecake and dark chocolate thoroughly enjoyed this product and most had seconds. WARNING!!! This dessert is super rich; cut the pieces small.
Date published: 2018-09-11