Mama Mia Italian Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground meatloaf mixture (beef, pork)
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, 1 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Transfer to a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In small bowl, combine tomato sauce and remaining Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Spread over top of meatloaf. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove foil; continue baking 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Drain off liquid.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with mashed potatoes and Roasted Carrots.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 and place in a gallon freezer bag. Place tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix in a quart freezer bag. Place 1 cup cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.