Simple Sourdough Bread Mix Preparation Recipe
Fresh sourdough bread without a bakery run? Yes, please!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon flour, optional
- In large bowl, whisk together water, small yeast packet and salt until dissolved. Stir in Packet 1 until well combined. With well-greased hands, gently work dough into 5-inch round loaf; place on greased baking sheet. Let dough rest for 30-40 minutes in a warm place; cover with large bowl, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly dust top of loaf with flour, if desired. With serrated knife, make three, ½-inch deep cuts across top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool about 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 10 servings.
High Altitude: Increase water by 1 tablespoon.
more ways to mix it up:
- Use prepared bread to make French toast or garlic bread.
- For croutons, cube bread, drizzle with our Avocado Oil and bake at 375°F for 15 minutes until toasted and lightly browned.
- Hollow out bread and fill with one of our prepared warm dips. Serve with remaining bread, cubed.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rudy from Best sour dough bread We baked and made french toast with it. Best ever
Date published: 2017-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cella from Butter's BEST partner So easy and so delicious.. Next time I will mix the water an yeast into a measuring cup ..... And add the water to the mix ..... Not add the mix to the water My family ate the whole thing while it was warm!
Date published: 2016-08-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Akloppy from Easiest Sourdough! I love this TS product! Add your favorite dried fruit and nuts for a yummy breakfast bread. I have made Dried Cherry and slivered Almonds ( I think I would do whole toasted almonds chopped coarsely next time) and also Dried fig and walnut and Dried cranberry Walnut. Definitely toast the nuts for the best flavor:)
Date published: 2016-08-19