Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless ckinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pound chicken to ½-inch thick; season with salt and pepper as desired. Place in a gallon freezer bag with beaten eggs. Seal and toss to coat. In a gallon freezer bag, combine next 4 ingredients.
- One at a time, remove chicken from eggs and shake in bread crumb mixture.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. When hot add chicken. Cook, covered, 5 minutes. Turn chicken over, adding remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Continue cooking, covered, until internal temperature reaches 165°F; on an instant-read food thermometer, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl combine tomatoes and Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Reserve ½ cup for remix recipe, if desired. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Top chicken with desired amount of marinara and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining marinara.
Makes 6 servings. Or Makes 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Sautéed Zucchini.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place step 4 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Chicken Parmesan Pasta recipe: Place 2 servings leftover chicken in a storage container with reserved marinara sauce. Refrigerate up to 2 days.