Slow Cooker BBQ Short Ribs Recipe
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs (2-3 inches thick – English style) or 2 pounds boneless country-style beef ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- Slow Cooker
- Rub short ribs with Seasoned Salt. Place in 3-quart or larger slow cooker with onions, carrots and celery.
- Combine beef broth with ¾ cup Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce. Pour over ribs; add enough water to almost cover ribs, about 2 cups. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Combine ½ cup cooking liquid with remaining Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce; dip ribs in sauce and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with roasted carrots and potatoes.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 and place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Place in slow cooker and continue with step 2.
Did You Know: Beef short ribs can be cut three different ways. Boneless, English-style (the rib is cut parallel to the bone with a thick cut of meat on each bone) and Flaken-style (the ribs are cut across the bone with 3-4 bones in each piece).