Ancho Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Simple stir-fry makes it easy to get your veggies – and this colorful blend has just the right kick to feed the family.
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces carrot coins or slices
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed
- 10 ounces multi-color cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- In a large skillet with cover, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Seasoned Salt and add to skillet. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add bell peppers, carrots and Onion Onion Seasoning. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add green beans and Pomegranate Plum Ancho Sauce. Cover and simmer until green beans are crisp tender and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with tomatoes.
Serve with crusty bread.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine oil, chicken and Seasoned Salt in a quart freezer bag. Combine peppers, carrots and Onion Onion Seasoning in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 280 Total Fat: 6g Sat. Fat: 1g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 590mg Carbs: 29g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 24g Protein: 27g
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brittany from Great flavor, fresh veggies were a hassle. Loved the flavor of the Pomegranate Plum Ancho Sauce, it has a great sweetness and little kick to it. My whole family liked this recipe, next time instead of messing with the veggie chopping and different times to cook everything I'll just buy a bag or 2 of frozen stir fry veggies. I added extra chicken and veggies to this recipe and dumped in the whole bottle of sauce instead of trying to measure.
Date published: 2018-10-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSbyRoberta from Delicious & versatile I made this on a weeknight and it was ready in no time. Was full of flavor. I used asparagus and snap peas instead of green beans because that's what I had on hand. The sauce was so good ... I can't wait to make this again. Tip to getting sauce out of bottle - microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften slightly. Also used a knife to loosen and "spread" into the pan.
Date published: 2018-09-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by momof3hungryboys from Great flavor, quick, and healthy! My husband and 2 boys gave this a 5 and asked me to make it again! My other son gave it a 4 only because it didn't have any pasta in it. Score for mom!! Yaay! AND I had it ready in less than 30 minutes and used fresh produce from our local farmer's market!
Date published: 2018-08-22