Bayou Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1¼-1½ pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- ½ cup reduced sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper beaten eggs as desired. Add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until scrambled. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. When hot, add pork and Onion Onion™ Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Stir-fry until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and vegetables; continue stir-frying 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; continue stir-frying until heated through and sauce has been absorbed, about 3-4 minutes. Add scrambled eggs, breaking up while stirring.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Sautéed Garlic Green Beans.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Combine cooked rice and vegetables in a gallon freezer bag. Combine remaining 3 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
For remix Breakfast Fried Rice recipe: Place 2 servings leftover fried rice in a storage container. Refrigerated up to 2 days.