Bountiful Beer Bread Bowl Recipe
A great make-ahead bread bowl that pairs perfectly with our Spinach & Herb Dip.
- 12 ounces beer or carbonated water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine first 2 ingredients; stir just to blend. Pour melted butter into a greased medium-sized round bottomed, deep stainless steel mixing bowl; spoon batter over the butter and smooth out the top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Invert bread on serving platter; cut an opening in the top of bread. Pull bread from inside of loaf to create a bowl; cube.
- Fill bowl with prepared Spinach & Herb Dip, if desired. Serve with bread cubes and veggies.
Makes 10 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2. Store in an airtight container up to 1 day.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional dip)
Calories: 240 Total Fat: 4.5g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 10mg Sodium: 440mg Carbs: 44g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 4g
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wright1157 from Best bread bowl Love, love it! My family likes making them together.
Date published: 2017-08-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by PJcooking from easy, and looked great. I made this tonight, adding about a tsp of dill weed and 1/2 tsp each of onion and garlic powder. "Medium Bowl" wasn't sufficiently descriptive, so I measured the capacity of a standard loaf pan by filling it with water (2 qts) and then did the same with my various bowls. An old Pyrex bowl was a perfect fit. The bread was delicious; I lopped off the top and chunked it up, then scooped/pulled out much if the insides and chunked that up too. I filled it with a double recipe of spinach herb dip. It was a big hit with my guests. My only two issues (hence four not five stars) were 1) the lack of specificity on the bowl size, and 2) the bread from the inside didn't have enough body to dip; the crusty pieces were fine, but not the others.
Date published: 2017-03-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Annie72 from Best get together snack! I made this with the spinach and herb dip (I added water chestnuts for crunch) and took it to a family get together. It was a huge hit! No left overs!!
Date published: 2016-09-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mina from Big hit! Used this at a party with Spinach and Herb Dip in the middle. It was great! So easy to make!
Date published: 2015-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by MealtimeSolutionProvider from Easy to make! The bread bowl was easy to make and tasted delicious! Love putting the spinach and herb dip mix in the center. It was a good thing I made an extra beer bread because it went fast!
Date published: 2014-02-13