Bountiful Zucchini Bread Recipe
An easy zucchini bread with chocolate chips to share with family and friends.
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, optional
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine first 3 ingredients and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; stir 20-30 seconds. Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy. Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. In small bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Pour over batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes 12 servings.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional ingredients)
Calories: 220 Total Fat: 4g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 5mg Sodium: 370mg Carbs: 43g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 4g
Rated 5 out of 5 by IndigoMont from Lightened up but still delicious! I used amber beer instead of soda (just can't take the idea of all the sugar in sodas). I also live at altitude, but I didn't add the 2 T. water. Even though I drained and squeezed the liquid out of my shredded zucchini, it was still plenty moist. I skipped the cinnamon sugar topping, just poured the melted butter on top. Smells amazing and tastes so good, and I don't miss any extra sweetness.
Date published: 2018-09-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marylou from Best zucchini bread We had this bread at a success event in CT it was a hit! I have an end of summer party and this is going to be what I bring!!!
Date published: 2017-08-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSAngieShaffer from Delicious! Delicious bread! I made this for my co-workers and they polished it off very quickly!
Date published: 2015-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSLoverinNJ from Nothing like bread... and everything like CAKE! This was such a hit in my house! Moist, sweet, healthy ;) and delicious!
Date published: 2015-07-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tsmdw from super easy & delicious! 2 thumbs up! I had extra zucchini so I used some to make this bread. It was really simple to throw together and really tastes yummy!
Date published: 2015-06-29