Cheesy Bacon Jam Chicken Recipe
Tender, juicy chicken prepared with our Bacon Pepper Jam makes a great dinner for family or guests.
- 6 (4-5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Pan-fry approximately 2 minutes per side until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook chicken approximately 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken and place in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Using the same skillet add onions; cook over medium heat until onions caramelize approximately 3-4 minutes or until browned and soften. Stir in Bacon Pepper Jam. Spoon mixture over chicken pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jalo from Must try Chicken This dish was a big hit at our dinner table so easy and delicious will be keeping this one in my tastefully simple recipe box!
Date published: 2017-08-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSbyBB from A hit! We loved this! Will definitely make it again! The Bacon Pepper Jam just might be a new favorite in our house
Date published: 2016-12-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatieK from OH. WOW. super moist chicken. Amazing flavors. Quick and easy! Must try recipe!
Date published: 2016-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stephers26 from New staple in our house! This meal has it all! It's easy to prepare, so flavorful, and goes with a wide variety of sides from mashed potatoes (pour pan drippings on the potatoes! YUM!) to rice, to veggies. This one never gets old at our house!
Date published: 2016-10-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by EatWellWithDonna from Can you say DELICIOUS! Loved this recipe. Will make it several times. Give it a try, you won't be disapointed
Date published: 2016-09-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSyummy from The whole family loved!! If you need a quick "go to" meal, this one is great! The sweetness of the sauce makes it a huge hit with the young set. I was also low on onion so I mixed what I had with some Onion Onion during that step.
Date published: 2016-08-15