Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (10 oz.) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Green onions (optional)
- Black olives (optional)
- Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Slow Cooker
Combine first 7 ingredients and 1½ cups of cheese in a greased slow cooker. Cover; cook on low 7-8 hours. Serve in bowls topped with remaining cheese. Serve soup topped with green onions, black olives, chopped avocados and tortilla chips, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze
Combine first 7 ingredients in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw and prepare as directed above.