Flank Steak Tacos Recipe
Steak night or taco night? What about steak night AND taco night?
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tequila or reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 (1½ pound) beef flank steak
- ½ cup creamy ranch dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese, optional
- 12 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 4 ingredients and 2½ tablespoons (1 packet) Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Add steak; seal well and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine ranch dressing and remaining 1¼ tablespoons (½ packet) Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Add broccoli slaw, peppers and cheese, if desired. Toss to coat.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Place steak on grill. Grill, turning once, until desired doneness is reached on an instant-read food thermometer (145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium), about 16-20 minutes.
- Remove steak from grill. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain. Place in warmed tortillas and top with broccoli slaw.
Wine Pairing: Red Blend
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Steak Nachos recipe: Place 2 servings leftover sliced steak in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Nutrition per Serving: