Make & Freeze "Magic" Taco Chicken Recipe
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half if large
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 2 cups no sodium or low sodium chicken broth
- 5 (1 quart) resealable freezer bags
- Slow Cooker
- In 5-quart or larger slow cooker, place half the chicken breasts in the bottom; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Layer half the chicken thighs; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Repeat layers. Pour chicken broth over top.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Place chicken back into slow cooker; toss to coat with sauce. Allow chicken and sauce to cool.
- Divide cooled chicken and sauce among freezer bags. Seal well, label and freeze.
Makes about 10 cups.
Serving Suggestions: Thaw prepared chicken and use in any of your favorite Tex-Mex dishes such as burritos, tacos, quesadillas, casseroles, salads, nachos…the uses are endless.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 17 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Let stand 10 minutes before releasing pressure. Release pressure. Continue with step 3.
*Always follow manufacturers directions for proper use for your specific electric pressure cooker.
*Note: We highly recommend using both breasts and thighs for best recipe results; however chicken breasts can be substituted for the thighs, if desired. Reduce cook time to 7 hours.