Pesto Buttermilk Chicken Recipe
Tender herbed chicken on a bed of seasoned noodles – classic comfort food for modern summer nights.
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup 2% milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1½-1¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 5 ingredients. Add seasoned chicken thighs; seal well. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard bag with marinade.
- Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Pesto Chicken & Pasta Soup recipe: Place 2 servings leftover chicken in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kim Cooks from Another great recipe for chicken thighs! Full of flavor and so easy! I accidentally used gruyere cheese instead of Parmesan and it was delicious!! I will definitely be making this again & again!!
Date published: 2018-02-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rainai from Simple and good This was a simple recipe with a good flavor. Would make again.
Date published: 2018-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by SimplySam89 from Another reason why I love Dried Tomato Garlic Pest Pesto Buttermilk Chicken & Creamy Pesto Pasta (spaghetti squash) was a hit tonight. Even with the extra teenager who had never eaten spaghetti squash! The chicken was moist and flavorful! Another reason why I love Dried Tomato Garlic Pesto Seasoning! #TSeatwell #MealBoss #DinnerIsDecided
Date published: 2017-10-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by TS4theWIN from Delicious, easy & tender! Saw this featured in the August Dinner Mixers and since we had an open jug of buttermilk in the fridge I decided to give it a try! Everyone enjoyed it, even a young, picky friend here for a play date! This will definitely be added into the dinner rotation, especially since this will make a great freezer meal! Next time I plan on trying the featured pasta recipe to accompany the chicken but since we had baked pasta last night I simply roasted some baby red & gold potatoes on the grill with Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto made with the Avocado Oil (also awesome!) and steamed broccoli with the Sea Salt & Peppercorn Seasoning.
Date published: 2017-08-11