Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 26 (or 18 for Dinner Mixer recipe) jumbo pasta shells (for stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken (such as deli rotisserie)
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons ( or 1 Dinner Mixer packet) Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix, water and olive oil. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella and pesto mixture; salt and pepper as desired. If making the Dinner Mixer recipe, reserve 1 cup chicken mixture for remix recipe. In small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons (or Dinner Mixer packet) Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix. Spread 1 cup over bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Fill pasta shells with chicken mixture; place in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Garlic Bread Sticks recipe and a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 3 in a disposable aluminum pan. Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 375°F, remove plastic wrap and re-cover with foil. Continue with step 4.
For remix Pesto Chicken Paninis recipe: Place 1 cup chicken mixture in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.