Pesto Stuffed Baked Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 6 (5-6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix, water and oil. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cut a 3-inch slit along one side of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Add cheese and bread crumbs to cooled pesto; salt and pepper as desired. Stuff chicken with mixture. Place in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, combine butter and Garlic Garlic Seasoning; pour over chicken. Bake until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 25 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Or 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Green Bean & Bacon Salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Wrap each breast in plastic wrap and place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3, placing chicken in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
For remix Pesto Chicken Wraps recipe: Place 2 leftover chicken breasts in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.