Pork Carnita Burrito Bowls Recipe
- 1 (2¼-2½ pound) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa Verde
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1½ cups quinoa
- Toppings such as: Corn, Black Bean Salsa, roasted corn, shredded cheese, sautéed bell peppers and onions, guacamole, sour cream
- Slow Cooker
- Place pork in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. In small bowl, combine salsa, 1 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon Fiesta Party Seasoning. Pour over pork. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours or HIGH 5-6 hours or until pork is falling apart. Shred pork.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine 3 cups chicken broth and ½ tablespoon Fiesta Party Seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Divide quinoa among 6 bowls. Top with shredded pork and desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Leftover pork can be refrigerated up to 4 days. Reheat and serve as tacos., if desired.