Rustic Herb Turkey Recipe
Everyone is ranting and raving about this fabulous turkey for Thanksgiving.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven bag with tie
- 1 (10-12 pound) whole turkey, giblets removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shake flour in oven bag. Place oven bag inside a large roasting pan.
- Liberally brush outside of turkey with Roasted Garlic Inflused Oil. Sprinkle outside and inside of turkey with Rustic Herb Seasoning.
- Place turkey inside bag; close bag with tie. Cut 6 (½-inch) slits in top of bag to allow steam to escape. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Place pan in oven. Roast 1½-2 hours or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from oven, let stand 15-20 minutes. Carefully remove bag.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Note: If stuffing turkey, increase roasting time by 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of stuffing reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by pledgerwood from So Moist This was the best turkey that I have ever tasted. The house smelled so aromatic when it was cooking. The turkey was fall off the bone tender and moist.
Date published: 2016-11-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by TT Loves TS from Amazing Flavor on Rustic Herb Seasoning Used this recipe for our Thanksgiving day turkey. Everyone loved the flavor of the seasoning!
Date published: 2015-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatDo from Family LOVED my turkey! This has become our new family tradition for Thanksgiving turkey! Everyone loved it.
Date published: 2015-11-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by scrapbkmom from Best turkey I have ever made!! Last year Thanksgiving was at my house for the first time. I was so nervous about making a turkey for the 24 people coming, so I turned to Tastefully Simple and they didn't disappoint! In fact my father-in-law came up to me after and whispered in my ear, "that it was the best turkey he has ever had!!" Yeah!! Making it again this year!
Date published: 2015-11-12