Sautéed Bayou Chicken Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup reduced sodium chicken broth or water
- Pound chicken breasts to ½-inch thick. Place in a gallon freezer bag with beaten eggs, ½ tablespoon Onion Onion Seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Seal; toss to coat. In another gallon freezer bag, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining ½ tablespoon Onion Onion Seasoning.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Remove chicken from bag, one at a time, and place in breading bag. Toss to coat. Remove and place in skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Sauté chicken, turning over halfway and adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil, if needed, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, combine Bayou Bourbon Glaze, chicken broth and Vidalia Onion Dressing. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes. Stir. Drizzle chicken with sauce or serve as a dipping sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with steamed California-blend vegetables.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place step 4 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.