Simply Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 5 cups cold water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry dough sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Stir in water, Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix, vegetables and Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold thawed pastry sheet; cut into 6 rectangles. Place on a large greased baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Ladle chicken pot pie filling into soup bowls. Top with puff pastry squares.
Makes 6 servings OR 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Mixed Greens with Pesto Vinaigrette.
Note: For additional puff pastries, prepare both sheets of pastry in package and increase butter to 3 tablespoons and Parmesan to ¼ cup.
For remix Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup recipe: Place 2 servings leftover pot pie filling in a storage container and 2 leftover puff pastries in a storage bag. Refrigerate up to 2 days.