South-of-the-Border Burrito Bowls Recipe
Feeding picky eaters? These tasty bowls are completely customizable to please the whole gang.
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, pork shoulder roast or beef chuck roast
- 1 (15 ounce) can black or pinto beans, warmed
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Toppings such as chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Slow Cooker
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine first 2 ingredients. Add chicken, pork or beef.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours for beef or pork, or 4-6 hours for chicken; or on HIGH 6-8 hours for beef or pork, or 2-3 hours for chicken.
- Shred meat and serve in bowls over rice and beans. Drizzle with cooking sauce, if desired. Serve with desired toppings.
Wine Pairing: Riesling
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Place contents of bag in slow cooker and continue with step 2.
Nutrition per Serving: (as prepared with chicken; does not include toppings)
Calories: 370 Total Fat: 8g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 145mg Sodium: 1,280mg Carbs: 36g Fiber: 6g Sugar: <1g Protein: 36g